by Jacqueline Madison
Pink Lady Apples (As many as you want. One apple makes about 15 chips.)
Water 1/4 cup
Honey 1 tbsp
Cinnamon for sprinkling
Chopped Walnuts (Variable)
1. Pre-heat your oven to the lowest possible setting.
2. Slice the apples using a mandolin using the straight edge. (If you don’t have a mandolin slice the apples as consistent as you can.) Squeeze the lemon juice on the sliced apples. If your making lots of apple chips, a bowl of water with some lemon is a good way to keep your slices so they don’t brown.
3. Combine the water and the honey. This is used to coat the apple slices.
4. Align the apple slices evenly on a baking sheet.
5. Brush honey mixture onto the slices. (Optional: top with walnuts and brush again with honey mixture.) Sprinkle cinnamon over each slice.
6. Bake until the edges crisp up off the pan. Every oven is different so its hard to tell how long they will take.
When moving in to our apartment my fiance, Christopher hadn’t noticed that the “oven” on the brochure was an electric convection/microwave oven, so my lowest setting isn’t very low! Ha, but I make do and the apple chips still tasted great! If you have any extras, keep in an air tight container (they should be good for a while.) I was unable to get a picture of the finished walnut crisps! Christopher ate them all before I had a chance! Images of the plain ones I have… just picture the walnuts on them!